Website registration filing:
Article 4 of the Administrative Measures for Internet Information Services (Order No. 292 of the State Council): “The State establishes a licensing system for profitable Internet information service and a filing system for non-commercial Internet information service. Anyone who does not obtain a license for profitable Internet information service or file for record its non-profitable Internet information service shall not be engaged in such activities”.
Article 3 of the Measures for the Archival Administration of Non-commercial Internet Information Services (formerly order No. 33 of the Ministry of Information Industry): “Whoever plans to provide non-operational Internet information services shall go through the procedures for archiving in the provincial telecommunications administration at the locality of his domicile.”
Public security filing record
Article 11 of the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Protecting the Safety of Computer Information Systems:
A computer information system connected to the international network shall be reported by its using organization to public security organs of the people’s government at the provincial level or above for record.
Article 11 of the Administrative Measures for the Security Protection of Computer Information Networks Linked to the Internet:
A user should fill in the user record form when going through the formalities of access to the network at the receiving unit. The record form shall be made under the supervision of the Ministry of Public Security.
Article 12: Internetworking units, receiving units, legal persons and other organizations that use the international networking of computer information networks(including cross-province, cross-autonomous region and cross-municipality directly under the Central Government internetworking units and their subordinate branches) should, within 30 days starting from the date of formal hooking up of the network, go through the formalities for the record at the processing agencies designated by the public security organs of people’s governments of the provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government wherein the units are located. The units listed in the preceding paragraph shall be responsible to report the information on the receiving units and users hooked up to the network to local public security organs and report in time changes in the receiving units and users of the network.
Article 14: The units involving such important fields as state affairs, economic construction, national defense construction, highly sophisticated science and technology and others shall, while going through the formalities for the record, present the proof of examination and approval of its competent administrative department. Corresponding security protection measures shall be taken in the computer information networks and international networking of units listed in the preceding paragraph.
Article 16: Computer administration and supervision agencies of public security organs should keep themselves abreast of the record information of the networking units, receiving units and users, establish record files, make record statistics and report level by level in accordance with relevant state provisions.
Article 23: Whoever fails to fulfill the responsibilities of putting on record in violation of the provisions of Articles 11 and 12 of these Measures shall be administered a warning or imposed a penalty of shutting down the computers for consolidation not exceeding 6 months by the public security organ.
Engaging in non-commercial Internet information services within the territory of the People’s Republic of China.
The filing process
The filling photography location
6/F, WeiShi Buiding, 39 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing
B-H Unit, 20/F, Chengjian Building, 189 Tiyu Xilu, Tianhe District, Guangzhou
Num. 3305, No. 1 Yinzuojingdu Building, Shunhe East Street, Shizhong District, Jinan
5/F, Block A, Guangqi Cultural Plaza, 2899 Xietu Road,Xuhui District, Shanghai
4/F, Science and Technology Industrial Building, 6 Keyuan Road, Central District, Nanshan Science and Technology Park, Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province
Filing knowledge base
1. In accordance with the “Administrative Measures for Internet Information Services”, when provided with false information for the record filling, the website shall be closed and the filing canceled by the Provincial Communications Administration where the applicant is located.
2. In accordance with Article 27 of the Measures for the Administration of Internet Domain Names of China, domain names registered and used by any organization or individual shall not contain any of the following:
(1) Those object to the basic principles laid down in the Constitution;
(2) Endangering state security, divulging state secrets, subverting state power or undermining national unity;
(3) Harmful to the honor and interests of the State;
(4) Instigating ethnic hatred or discrimination and undermining ethnic unity;
(5) Undermining the state’s religious policy and propagating cults and feudal superstitions;
(6) Spreading rumors, disturbing public order and undermining social stability;
(7) Spreading obscenity, pornography, gambling, violence, murder, terror or instigating the commission of a crime;
(8) Insulting or slandering others or infringing upon the lawful rights and interests of others;
(9) Containing other contents prohibited by laws or administrative regulations.
II. What is pre-approval?
Pre-approval refers to some special website content in the filings, the need to conduct filings at a relevant authorities, and obtaining a filing number upon approval. Types of websites that involve pre-approve: publication, electronic bulletin service, radio, film and television, culture, news, drugs and medical devices.
III. What are the main legal and regulatory grounds for the filing of websites, the operation of websites and the coordination of related work?